It is extremely important for a doctor and patient to have a good relationship. Without having a strong bonding, treatment would be affected, and the results can never be the same. All the good doctors like Dr. Philip Baldeo focuses on building a good relationship with patients and for this thing they always encourage their patients to ask a lot of questions from them. If you do not ask questions, your doctor will never be able to understand your exact problem. This is true that a good doctor will himself ask many questions, but this should be a two-way communication, and you should never tell any lies to your doctor, if you want the treatment to move in the right direction. In this article, we have devised a list of questions that you should remember while you are visiting your doctor. When you ask these questions, you do not get a good idea about the doctor, your illness and problem, but you also are able to build a good relationship with him which is extremely important for the overall treatment.
It is important for you and your doctor to be on the same page. Without having a good and thorough discussion, you can never achieve this thing. Therefore, you must have a good and detailed discussion with your doctor about the underlying problem. Only then he will come in a position to diagnose it well and provide you with the best treatment. When you ask questions from your doctor, you can assess his interest as well. For instance, if he is getting irritated, or is answering shortly, he might not be the right choice. So, this is a great tool with which you can assess the quality of doctor who you can consider as your family physician.
What questions should you ask?
As per experts, you should be ready with all the questions that you would be asking from your doctor. This is obvious that you should not waste your doctor’s time and should be ready with all the questions that are in your mind. Following is a list of questions that you should be ready with and should ask during consultation with your doctor.
- What different treatment options do I have? You must be fully aware of all the treatment options that you have and only your doctor can guide you about this thing well. You should ask him about the different treatment options from which you can choose.
- Will you treat me yourself or would refer? It is an important question, and you should be sure that your doctor is referring you to someone or not.
- Are there any risks involved in the treatment? Getting information about the risks will l improve the chances of a good treatment.
- Is there any habit that I can change to improve my conditions? Discuss all your related habits with your doctor and ask him if anything can be changed to improve the condition.
- What could be the possible side effects of this treatment?